Need some real-life hacks to to maintain stress throughout the day? KM has got you covered.
Stress-free living might sound like a fantasy, but there are real-life steps that you can take to begin managing stress. Your life doesn't have resemble a movie script and you don't need a yacht-load of money to make it happen. Sometimes stress can be tamed by small daily habits that will keep us on a healthy routine. Try one to five to all of them. Every little thing helps no matter how small. One small tip can make great impact on your wellbeing.
Let's start with the tips
Things That You Can Do Anywhere:
1. Recalibrate. Take DEEP BREATHS. My favorite method to reset in times of stress is to breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 4 seconds ,and breathe out for 8 seconds.
2. When you're feeling stressed, it's important to have a go-to that brings you joy. This could be anything from drinking water from your favorite water bottle, having a small notebook for notes at your side, or even wearing your favorite color or crystal that you can fidget with. Find something that brings you comfort that you can gravitate towards.
3. Massage your body: behind your neck, in between your fingers etc. This gives your body physical attention instead of focusing on what's going on in your head. Massage is also a form of energy movement, so as you self massage imagine yourself moving any stuck energy, fear, or emotion throughout your body.
4. Take a break: Let your body and mind have a rest on what is clouding the mind. Get out for a walk, make a cup of tea, any positive action to shift your attention will work.
5. Fill your feed with positivity: Surround yourself with things that make you happy. This could be positive screensavers, quotes, pictures on the wall, Instagram accounts that are positive, vision boards etc.
Things That You Can Do At Your House
6. Set 3 happy morning rituals : this could be saying positive affirmations about yourself in the mirror, fresh squeezed juice, stretching or something else. The options are endless on what would set the tone for your day.
7. Make eating healthy digestible: Balance is key, it's not about limitation, its about nutrients, happiness and overall health.
8. Make drinking water as easy as breathing. Seriously, keep water by your bed, have a special cup to take around with you, have ice made if that's your thing, add lemons or fruit for a little razzle dazzle. Anything to keep up your water intake! Water is an important component for managing stress because it oxygenates our cells to keep our blood flowing and prevents dehydration. Dehydration causes stress to the body.
9. Prep your fruits and veggies. They are more appealing when they are cut up and easy to grab. Everyone loves a good aesthetic, so create it for yourself. (This doubles as a mindfulness practice or activity too)
10. Set timers while cleaning to not over strain yourself and to set balance with daily chores.
This is key if you have multiple people that live with you - there will always be something to do! Once you accept that, you can set realistic attainable chore-goals. Our home is a gentle reminder of a life well lived, it doesn't have to look instagram worthy 24/7 (and it won't)
11. Habit stack: See what items in your day can work seamlessly together during the same time. Audio book and drive? Face mask while cooking dinner? Meditate while showering? The options are endless. Check out our favorite face mask here
12. Take your supplements. Give your body what it needs to support you. Our KM wellness drops make it super easy to incorporate this in your water or food. View more supplements here
13. Have evaluation questions to manage your day: Do I need to add more to my day today? Do I need a break? Would this make me feel good? It's important to consistently check in with yourself so that you can offer yourself attainable support. In addition writing things down will give you more of an idea of what needs to be prioritized.
14. Use aromatherapy throughout the day. Aromatherapy can be a natural remedy for stress relief. The practice involves inhaling the scent of essential oils, which are extracted from plants, in order to promote health and well-being. Your olfactory system directly affects the part of your brain that regulates emotion. Check out our natural aromatherapy mists here
15. Your daily routine can include things like exercise or meditation. Your routine should be in sync with your mental and physical capacity. This variation will be unique for everyone, it is not a one size fits all. Setting a routine is one thing, but following it through is another. Your journey to a less-stressed life will start with being consistent ❤
Thank you for making it to the end of this post. KM wants what's best for your wellness. If you like posts like these, make sure to check out our other posts! We want to hear from you- Drop in the comments some topics you would like us to cover.
Xo, Ki Meishon